Tenth Conversation with Dr Allan W. Anderson in San Diego California
Friday, February 22, 1974
- Tenth conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson
- Q: What is seeing, what is listening, what is learning?
- Do we see actually or through a screen darkly through a screen of prejudice a screen of our experiences, wishes, pleasures, fears between us and the object of perception?
- Do we ever see the thing at all?
- Does the act of listening bring about complete freedom from all statements?
- Is the mind completely attentive?
- Then the mind is extraordinarily free to act. Then the seeing is doing. I learn in order to gain reward or avoid punishment. I learn a particular job or craft to earn a livelihood. Is learning a process of accumulation?
- Is there any other kind of learning that is not accumulating and acting from that?
- Have we learned anything from sorrow?
- What is there to learn?
Series: A Wholly Different Way of Living