Sixteenth Conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson in San Diego
Wednesday, February 27, 1974
- Sixteenth conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson
- How am I to inquire into religion?
- What is religion? What is God, what is immortality, what is beauty?
- Can the mind put aside totally all the structure of thought with regard to religion?
- Can the mind be free of the authority of another however divine or not divine?
- Can the mind put away everything that man has taught or invented, imagined about religion, God?
- Can wisdom be sought through a book, a teacher from another, through sacrifice, torture, renunciation?
- Can the mind be free of all the things that are born of fear, desire, and pleasure?
- Your thoughts, speech and behavior are the very essence of religion. If they are not, religion can't exist.
Series: A Wholly Different Way of Living