Fourth Public Talk at Brockwood Park
Sunday, September 2, 1979
- Guns, submarines, going to the moon, etc., are all actual realities created by thought. Thought has not created nature.
- Is there something which is not the product of thought?
- Psychologically, thought has invented time as a means of avoiding and postponing, indulging in that which it already has.
- Meditation is the ending of time.
- In inquiring into something beyond time there must be a complete sense of relationship, which can only come about when there is love.
- Can the mind, including the brain, be absolutely quiet?
- When you are observing a fact completely, with all your energy, the fact changes.
- In meditation, which is to bring about a mind that is absolutely quiet, any form of effort is futile.
Series: On Being Conditioned