Fourth Public Talk in Bombay
Sunday, February 10, 1985
- Are we wasting our life?
- Why has the brain separated living and death?
- The self, the ‘me’, the ego, the persona, is a bundle of complicated ancient and modern memories.
- Is there a holistic way of living in which there is living and dying all the time taking place?
- Love is not put together by thought, therefore it is not within the structure of the brain.
- The brain is an instrument of sensation and nervous responses, and love cannot exist where there is mere sensation.
- Memory is not love.
- What is religion? Is there something beyond all time and thought?
- Is there a meditation that is not put together by desire, will or effort?
- When you listen to sound, the very listening is the silence. Silence and sound are not separate.
- That benediction is where you are.
- © 1985 Krishnamurti Foundation Trust
Series: That benediction is where you are