Second Seminar Meeting at Brockwood Park
Wednesday, September 13, 1978
- Q: What do we mean by relationship?
- Relationship is one of the most important things in life. Relationship between me and another, with many others, which creates society.
- In my relationship with another there is tension, a sense of division, guilt, possession, protection or responsibility. Apparently there has been, from time immemorial, conflict between you and me.
- Pain, attachment, jealousy, fear, and also sexual pleasure - the whole of that is implied in daily relationship. Why do we accept it?
- Why are we hurt? Do you have an idea about yourself which can be hurt? Why do you have images about yourself or conclusions about something?
- Do we actually want to find a way of living in which there is no possibility of being hurt?
Series: How can one be a light to oneself if there is any kind of dependence?