First Conversation with Father Eugene Shallert
Thursday, February 17, 1972
- First Conversations with Eugene Schallert of the Society of Jesus
- Freedom is the negation of being conditioned by any culture, religious or political division.
- Religion is the only factor that unifies man not politics, economics -- instead of bringing man together religions have separated man.
- Is reality or truth to be approached through any particular religion?
- Harmony is not possible if there is any form of division, inside or outside.
- What is the source of this division as me and you, we and they, politically and religiously?
- Is it possible to completely empty the mind of the "me"?
- Reality cannot flower if the "me" is there.
- How is the content to be emptied with one stroke?
- The very perceiving is the act of emptying.
Series: Goodness Only Flowers in Freedom