Eighth Conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson in San Diego
Thursday, February 21, 1974
- Eighth conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson
- Q: What relationship has pleasure to enjoyment, joy, and is pleasure happiness? Is there any relationship between pleasure and enjoyment?
- What is pleasure and what is it that keeps it going?
- What is the pursuit, the constant direction of it?
- A single tree standing on the hill. You see that it is really beautiful the flowers, the deer, the meadows the water and the single tree, and its shadow.
- You see that and it is almost breathtaking.
- Does thought then come along and say how extraordinary it was, what a delight it was? Isn't there then desire for repetition?
- So thought gives nourishment, sustains it and gives a direction to pleasure.
- Why should thought come into it at all?
Series: A Wholly Different Way of Living