Second Discussion with Dr. Bohm, Mr. Narayan and Two Buddhist Scholars at Brockwood Park
Thursday, August 31, 1978
- Discussion 2 with Buddhist Scholars
- Q: What is the state of the mind that is in the process of dying?
- What is death? Is there life after death, is there a continuity? If not, what is the point of living at all?
- Why is there the whole process of identification, my possessions, what I will be, success, power, prestige? The identification process is the essence of the self.
- Is it possible to live in daily life without this identification process which brings about the structure and the nature of the self which is the result of thought?
- Is it possible to be free of the "me", which produces all this chaos, this constant effort?
- Can thought end? Is it possible to live a daily life with death, which is the ending of the self?
Series: Can Humanity Change ?